Sunday, May 6, 2012

The Bike I'm Riding & GPS Gear

The bike I'm riding is the Novara Matador, from REI in Ann Arbor, MI. It has 29-inch tires, disc brakes, SRAM X7 drivetrain, and front suspension with a hard tail. It looks like this:

I see it more often from this angle:
Note the GPSr on the left side of the handlebar. That's a Garmin Oregon 400t. Its my old reliable stand-by for data, but it excels as a biking HUD, with all the data I want to know on the spot. On my right wrist is a Garmin Forerunner 210 which I use as my primary data-gathering GPS because its newer technology is more accurate. I also have two because I can't live without the awesome GPS maps on the Oregon for geocaching. Also on the bars is a light, a reflector, and a bell to tell people I'm about to overtake their slow behinds. :) - marqueA2

No comments:

Post a Comment