Sunday, July 8, 2012

Awesome Biking Staycation!











I had off work from July 4 through July 8. Even though we had a heat wave with temps in the high 90°s and even above 100° I still got out there and rode!


Because I log all my rides, I have all sorts of info as a result. I use rubiTrack to log all my GPS and heart rate data and Google Earth for the bigger GPS picture. 


Here's all five rides.
Some stats: 
117.78 miles
11 hours 56 min 4 sec
9187 kcal burned
Right in the middle of the heat wave one of the days saw a bit of rain. I typically plan around the weather but these storms snuck up on me. 
A little light rain is one thing, and it actually felt awesome for the cool-down, but I've never before had to dodge thunderstorms on a bike ride. 
Luckily, I know the areas I was riding and quickly found school building awnings to shelter under both times a sudden t-storm kicked up.

Other than that it was sunny and HOT!!! But I still had a blast. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment